State Bank of India (SBI) Net Banking Process
If you have recently opened a bank account with State Bank of India (SBI) and received a Pre-Printed Kit (PPK) from the branch for activating Internet Banking facility, there is no need to register for “Internet Banking” online.
Open https://retail.onlinesbi.com and click on “Login” in PERSONAL BANKING section, enter User ID and Password (as given in PPK) to access your account online. If you don’t have Pre-Printed Kit, follow the steps below to register online for Internet Banking facility of State Bank of India:
- Part-1 (Generate Username and Login Password)
- Part-2 (Set Profile Password)
- Mobile Banking Registration Process
- BHIM UPI App
- Download Mobile Banking Apps
- Download Mobile Wallets
- USSD Mobile Banking Benefits, Features and Technical Requirements
Part-1 (Generate Username and Login Password)
Click on “CONTINUE TO LOGIN” button.
On Login page, click on “New User? Register here/ Activate” link. Mobile users may scroll down to find the link.
A pop-up message will appear, just click on “OK” to proceed.
On next page, select the option “New User Registration” and click on “Next” to start the process.
On “User Driven Registration for New User” page, enter the following information to continue-
- Enter Account Number (as displayed in your Passbook)
- Enter CIF Number (available in your Passbook and/or Account Statement)
- Enter Branch Code (as displayed in your Passbook. If you don’t know the branch code, click on the “Get Branch Name” link to retrieve the branch code based on the location and branch name.
- Select “Country”.
- Enter Mobile number registered in your branch.
- Select the Internet Banking Facility you want to register for: Full or Limited Transaction Rights or View Rights only.
- Enter the text as shown in the image and click on “Submit” button.
You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the box provided and click on “Confirm” button.
Select the option “I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit)” and click on “Submit” button.
On Debit Card Validation page, enter your ATM-cum-Debit Card details e.g. Card number, Expiry date, Card holder name and ATM PIN etc. to validate your details. Click on “PROCEED” to continue.
On next page, you will be requested to generate/ create your “Permanent Username”. Enter your desired Username. System will check for the availability of entered Username and if the Username is found to be used already by a person, you will be instructed to to enter some other unique Username.
Once your chosen Username will be accepted by the system, Set your “Login Password” and Click on “Submit” to complete registration process.
A message confirming “Successfully registered for Internet Banking” will appear on the screen.
Part-2 (Set Profile Password)
Profile Password is necessary to update your profile in future or addition of beneficiary for fund transfer etc.
Follow the steps below to set your Profile Password:
Open https://retail.onlinesbi.com and click on “Login” button in PERSONAL BANKING section.
On next page, Click on “CONTINUE TO LOGIN” button.
Login to your Internet Banking account using your Permanent Username and Login Password.
As soon as you login, system will take you to “Set Profile Password” screen.
Enter your desired “Profile Password”.
Re-enter the Profile Password to confirm.
Select a “Hint Question” of your choice from the list (Hint Question is helpful in case you forgot your profile password).
Enter the “Hint Answer” for the Hint Question.
Enter Date of Birth (DOB) and Place of Birth.
Click on “Submit” button to save your Profile password and personal details. For any help regarding registration for Internet Banking services, you may also call 1800 11 22 11.