How to use USSD Code (*99#) to send money using Bank IFSC code?
Sending money without internet is a reality now. With help of USSD code (*99#), you can transfer fund to your loved ones without smart phone and internet. Only you need a feature phone (a basic phone with keypad on it) and you are done!
Jut type *99# in your mobile and dial to access the menu. To access the menu in your regional language, see Language Support for USSD Mobile Banking.
After welcome message, a menu will be appear on your Mobile screen. To continue, answer or send any one of the following:
On next screen, enter last 6-digits of your Debit Card number and Expiry Date in MMYY format (separated by a single space) and send to verify your Bank details.
- Net Banking Registration Process for 20+ leading Banks of India
- Mobile Banking Registration Process
- BHIM UPI App
- Download Mobile Banking Apps
- Download Mobile Wallets
After verification of your mobile number and bank details a sub-menu will be open with following options:
3-Send Money Using MMID
4-Send Money Using IFSC
6-Show MMID (used to receive money from someone)
7-Change MPIN (used to send money)
To send money Using IFSC, answer/ send ‘4’.
- On next screen, enter Bank IFSC code of Beneficiary (the person to whom you want to send money) and send.
- On next screen, enter complete Bank Account number of Beneficiary and send.
- Now on next screen, enter the amount and send. For example, if you want to send Rs 450, just type 450 and send.
- In final step, enter your 4 digits MPIN to authorize and complete the transaction. Money will be debited from your account instantly and credited to Beneficiary’s account on real time basis. If you don’t know your MPIN or didn’t created it yet, just answer/ send ‘7‘ to create it before you start the fund transfer. Once your MPIN is ready with you, dial *99# again to start the process.
As USSD Mobile Banking is a network based process, sometimes you may get the message “External application down. Please try later” at the end of this process. In this case try again after some time but first check your account balance before starting again.