What is USSD (*99#) based Mobile Banking?
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) is a technology unique to GSM Service Providers and Handsets.
To bring all the Banks under the common platform, NPCI has started common USSD platform called NUUP (National Unified USSD Platform) with a common short code *99#. This is a service which has potential to take banking services to every common man in the country.
Benefits of Using USSD as Mobile Banking
- It works without Internet
- Useful for feature phones (low-end mobile phones)
- Available 24×7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- No need to install any application on mobile to use this service
- Timing – 24×7 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Time taken to complete a Transaction – Instant
- Transaction Limit – Rs 5,000 per transaction
- Information Required – MPIN/ IFSC/ Aadhaar Number/ Account Number
- Beneficiary Registration – Not required
- Device Requirement – Feature Phone or Smartphone
To use USSD as your mobile banking option, your mobile number should be registered with your Bank account. If your mobile number is not registered with your Bank account, you will not be able to complete transactions using USSD.
To register your mobile number, visit your Bank branch, fill and submit the Mobile Banking Registration Form to link your mobile number with your Bank account to access full features of mobile banking.
For your mobile banking request, Bank will allot you a 7-digit MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) code which is required to receive money using USSD code. Once your registration will be successful, you can also see your MMID through your mobile with help of USSD code *99# and selecting the option “Show MMID” from menu.
Search more with Google